The Investment and Venture Fund of the Republic of Tatarstan delegation participated in the Global Technology Symposium in the Silicon Valley. 10 startups from the Pulsar Venture Program were presented there as a part of delegation.
Before the official part, Rustam Minnikhanov, the President of the Republic of Tatarstan, reviewed the exposition of innovative companies, organized jointly with the team of the IVF RT.
Experts as Nicholas Davidov (founder of Gagarin Capital), Dick Kramlich (partner and co-founder of NEA) delivered speeches during the panel session of the symposium. Alexandra Johnson, CEO of Global Technology Symposium moderated the session.
The second and third day of the program were devoted to the Global Innovator Competition (GIC).
This year 200 projects from different countries submitted for participation in the GIC. In the first round, 50 projects passed, and in the semifinals there were 20. Finally the jury selected 10 teams, three of which were from the Republic of Tatarstan - Try.Fit, Mouse (which became one of the competition winners) and KRAFTO.
«I want to thank one more time Pulsar VC and Tatarstan Republic for not just saying but making great steps in developing the high tech industry. You show the example of how to motivate and promote projects and teams"- said one of the delegates, Anton Trantin, Software Engineer and IT entrepreneur, founder of Yorso and Innosoft
In the list of 10 finalist teams, three companies were from the Republic of Tatarstan:
• Try.Fit - service for fitting and selecting shoes. Using the mobile application, the customer scans foot and shoes, and the service analyzes the data and helps to select the most suitable model.
• Mouse - a platform for viewers and performers of live music. The platform simultaneously solves two problems: assesses where fans want to see artists, and enables fans to follow the creativity of their idols.
• KRAFTO - a trading platform for used and new auto parts, where the choice of a suitable part is made by the VIN code.
The contest jury selected three winners out of the 10 finalists, the Mouse company was one of them.
"For the Republic of Tatarstan, the entry of companies into the GIC final is a confirmation of the correct direction of the entire innovative infrastructure of the republic. This is an indicator that Tatarstan start-ups are able to compete for investors' attention with companies from all over the world, "said Aynur Aydeldinov, director of the IVF RT.
The fourth and final day of the Symposium was devoted to summing up the results of the symposium and rewarding the winners of the GIC.
In addition, the delegation of the IVF RT had an opportunity to visit one of the best and most successful companies of its kind within the framework of the working visit, such as:
• 500 startups, one of the best world IT accelerators. Marvin Liao, the Managing Partner of the company, hosted them personally.
• Evernote. The company with Russian roots who is now valued for at most ~ $2 bln
• Google, where teams learned about the company infrastructure and capabilities to work with start-ups.